Tuesday 11 December 2012

Ho Chi Minh trip 2012 // Back in the city

Yet another painstaking 2 hours journey back into the urban of Ho chi minh city . But I was more than glad to have left villager's life for good .


// Fact of the day - Driver seats are on the left in Vietnam . So I am sitting in the taxi's front seat, without a steering wheel .


Didn't anticipate much while checking in to another hotel , I only just wanted to bathe after all . When you've been through the worse , nothing else matter right ? But with no expectations usually come with a sweet surprise . The room was beautiful that came with what we needed most , comfort . While enjoying the view from our room , I knew our holiday was going to begin .


Roamed around the streets with the friends in search for an authentic meal and I finally tried phở bò for the first time . I've never tried Vietnamese cuisine in my life and this very first Vietnamese meal left such a good impression on the cuisine . I love anything beef !!! 


Next food hunt was Wanton mee , introduced by the friends . Apart from my favorite Wanton mee in Hongkong ( see - here ) , this Vietnamese version have got to be another favorite !!! The irony - There is no Wanton in the Wanton mee . The ingredients and look of it seemed more like Ba Chor Mee but whatever , the point is this Wanton mee is da bombz . I'm missing it already !

love,
sheryl

0 comments: