Monday 27 June 2016

On H i a t u s & Now B a c k!

Hello! 

I'd been away from this space for a long time now and I think that it is time to do what I love to, sharing pictures from my camera roll & experiences from wherever I left my footprints at. Blogging, again! 

Why I left this space quiet? Distraction. 
So I don't think I mentioned this online before but my first ever smartphone was an Iphone 3G then to a 4G, but it had always been a constant struggle with the whole Itunes syncing function which I eventually gave up on when my macbook died on me. I hated it. Joined the Samsung family and I never looked back. For about 5 years, I never had issues with a Samsung phone. It takes me 5 seconds to get a new song into my phone and I do not really need that many functions that a smartphone has to offer so I was contented. This year, the husband decided to buy me an Iphone. I'd been constantly yakking at how complicated Iphone functions are but I didn't realise that it has been simplified now. Completely a tech retard, I know. So, regarding why I left this space empty is because I'd been hooked onto the convenience of an Iphone. Iphones are amazing! I used to go back home to my macbook everyday but now, my macbook has been collecting dust in a corner of my room. Laptop neglected = no updates on the blog. Why haven't I realised it earlier? 

Personal life.
I never really like talking about my personal life online only because I can't control tongues from wagging but I can control the information you obtain of me online. It may just be the nature of a Scorpio. I am also a very prideful person so I tend to keep all my emotions to myself (except anger, haha!) which is why I'm always seen as a happy person on the outside. Here comes the longwinded story of probably a tinge of personal feelings.

So in 2015, I dropped all I had in Singapore and left to live in Korea for a short 5 months. I'd say it was the best decision I ever made for myself. It might not be anything fancy for certain people but for me, it was a whole new level of surreal. Everything was planned in my head:  save money - quit the job I love - live in Korea - come back to Singapore - find a job within a month - save up for the new house. I'm pretty good at planning ahead so everything went the way it was played in my head. My air bubble burst when I did not find an ideal job in a month's time. I might have set the bars too high for myself but I just felt really terrible about bumming at home. It was also 5 years since I applied for jobs + going for interviews so I honestly didn't thought the job search would have took so long. I had a long enough break and I needed to make myself useful again. Waking up everyday with nothing to do was driving me crazy. My MIL was so patient, she did not utter a word even when I took so long but that was also one of the reasons why the guilt was overwhelming. I was the wild daughter in law who moved to Korea 3 weeks into marriage and came back to Singapore rotting away at home. I was assured that it was okay to take my time but it came to a point where I lost drive in doing anything. And you know people around me whom acted like they "genuinely" cared for me started bitching about my qualifications and self righteously think that the reason why I couldn't find a job was because I was uneducated. To whoever that falls into that category (and reading this), I'm telling you that I can take up any job I want to and would still be useful in the society & my family. I don't see how uneducated I am when the "educated" people does nothing but talk about me in an uneducated manner. 

So after 3 months since February, the job hunt is over. I am well accepted into my new company & I absolutely love my current job. I was quite rigid in my job hunt previously and only cherry picked job vacancies that were close to my previous job industry. I'm in a brand new industry right now, working with the best team of people ever. Thankful that life got back on track, thankful that I found joy in working again. (P.S Thank you to real friends whom were there for me even without knowing why I was upset and missing all the time. Adeline Tan, thank you!) With that, imma go make new plans in my head now and await for the next big phase that would most probably be happening this year, the keys to our new house! 

So here it is, me ranting personal once in a blue moon. If that bored the people whom are more interested in my travelogues, will be back on that soon!

 :)
love, bella

0 comments: