Friday 5 June 2015

#TeamBella || My Hen's Night Staycation!


Two weekends ago, I was surprised with a bachelorette party planned by my whacky bridesmaids and Cassandra, my dearest mummy-to-be! The plan was to get Yanxi to ask me out on a concert date in the evening and so we'd hang out the entire day right after our Korean class until it was time for the "concert". I bought her story, initially.

Closer to date, I had many other commitments on hand, I kinda forgot about the concert and started making other plans. I had my furniture scheduled to deliver on the same day and only realized of the clashing plans when the date got nearer. I also had a rough week earlier on and was not in the mood to head out for an entire day so I cancelled it on her. And she had a panic attack. 

They executed plan B and she disappointedly acknowledged the cancel of our concert date but asked if I could accompany her to Chinatown to pass stuff to her friend and I suspiciously agreed. Yanxi is not someone who'd ask somebody to "accompany" her to run errands, especially stupid errands like passing someone something. I knew the girls were definitely up to something.

So on Saturday, I was in a complete slack attire to attend my morning class. I thought I would have the chance to head home to change because it was so damn early and the surprise they were planning should only happen at night. (I was um, wrong) So after scrapping through 2 torturing hours of class and thankfully scoring a 27/30 for the dreaded graduation test, I was too hungry to outsmart anyone so I went along with whatever Yanxi said.

I need to digress from here but she said I could choose what is for lunch so I said "美人鍋 please!" Most of the time she says okay to whatever I want to eat so I thought, "I must be right. The surprise confirm at night thats why I get to have whatever I want for lunch!"


Tsukada Nojo Bijin Nabe (塚田農場 美人鍋) 

The meal wasn't exactly cheap but I wanted to try it for a long time and the wet afternoon was perfect for the hotpot mood so yay! The collagen soup was phenomenal! (I'd been picking up the way Gordon Ramsay describe food after watching too much Master chef haha!) Right, anyway it was literally the most flavourful chicken soup base I ever had in my life. I love it so much that I'm gonna bug the hubby-to-be to bring me back again for more! 

The only gripe was that the price S$25/pax comes in a set that you cannot choose your ingredients. (Ala carte items is available but a set per person is compulsory) I don't take lady's finger or too much vegetables but had to deal with it sitting on our table. Meat lovers would not be impressed at the sparse variety of meat on the table. But all in all, beauty pot is a healthy and guilt free meal with tasty and fresh vegetables. So for the chicken soup alone, I'd be back!

& because it was Bella's day, YX paid for the meal! Thank you so much dear for the pretty overpriced lunch. 

Okay and back to the surprise. While I was indulging in my pot of goodness, the rest of the girls were actually busy running errands and meeting to the short time frame before I finish my lunch. I was then brought to People's park complex when the girls revealed themselves. This one, I was really caught by surprise!

They held my hens night at Furama City Centre with an awesome staff rate, courtesy of Serena! I generally dislike splurging on staycations in Singapore so it was really nice to know that they didn't had to spend too much on the room. They got me a suite with ample space and a beautiful view. The kind people at Furama also offered an extra bed at no cost so we'd have enough space to crash comfortably. Of course with all that perks, more funding went to the food!




I was so in love with the decoration they put up in such a short time. Completely in awe to walk right into such a romantic set up. The subtle pastel shades they picked out were just my favourite colours! Blessed :>




I think it has became my habit to have cupcakes on every staycation these days. And the girls knew my obsession with these sugar rush bites so they surprised me with a set of customized cupcakes! I fell in love with my cupcakes! Specially designed by the girls to what would perfectly describe me - everything mint, a crochet wedding gown and my beloved cats. I loved it so much I was literally carrying it around the room and taking a million pictures of them. They were so so pretty that I couldn't believe that it was specially made for me!




Dinner was planned at Todamgol - my favourite place for Korean food! I think the food quality fell short that night, especially the Jokbal (족발) which was pretty fatty and meatless. But after all, it was the company that mattered. Thank you girls again, for the dinner treat and for taking me out to my favourite cuisine although many of you do not really fancy Korean food. Everyone should start learning to appreciate Korean food from now ok?





♥ A heartfelt thank you to all the sweethearts bridesmaids for preparing this party ♥ 



Dear Cassandra, meeting you two years back was probably the best thing that happened to me in 2013. From the time I met you, you were just a friend's friend and I honestly didn't expect us to grow so close in such a short period of time. Thankfully I made it in time to step into your life, witness the life changing moments of your wedding & now your first pregnancy. Thank you for planning this with the rest of the girls despite being heavily preggie. Thank you especially for knowing my sweet tooth and getting me such yummy cupcakes that I'd been craving for every now and then. There's so much I want to thank you for but most importantly, thank you darling for always being there to create memories with me.


Dear Eunice, meeting you and Cassandra was by a stroke of luck. From the time I met you, we didn't really speak at all. Not until we escalated being good friends, thanks to the common topic we shared. And of course being the busiest friend I have, thank you for taking time out to stay with me. It really means alot to have someone soooo tight on schedule to make time for my insignificant party. To the many years of friendship ahead, love you xo.



Dear Yanxi, signing up for a Korean class was a very random decision made by me and for you to internally switch your class to mine was probably a very random chance of how we met. We are friends for barely a year now but it felt as if I known you for years. You are definitely one of the most spontaneous person to embark on a girlie trip together with a friend you just met. I'm really really very blessed to have you taking care of me while I got bedridden in Taiwan. You were always at the beck of my call for medication, food, water when I was at my most vulnerable state. For that, I really beyond thankful. Also, thank you for braving the stupid lizard incident for me despite being afraid yourself! 내 친구야, 고마워!


我最爱最爱的妹妹,认识你以经十一年了. If we're gonna talk about how we met or where we first met, I honestly no longer remember the details. With our strong headed characters & temper, it is truly amazing we kept our friendship surviving strong till today. From the time I watch you grow up, watch you date boys, witnessed how you struggled through breakups and now that you've turned a mature young lady, I'm really thankful that I was there at the many milestones of your teenage life. Thank you for forgiving me selflessly when I forgot about your 21st birthday party. You never blamed me or got mad at me ever because one thing for sure, you know me. I may not be there at your happiest but I promise you, in all the years to come I'd be there whenever you need me. And you know all I want from you is you to be happy, always remember that.



If every let down would have deterred me away from believing again, I would have missed out this bunch of precious girls in my life. From a party I never wanted to a memory I'd definitely hold dear. Thank you girls xo.

love, bella

0 comments: