Tuesday 15 January 2013

Mother of 3 kids

Also on the day of the MBS staycation , Bryan surprised me with 3 kittens . They are stray and just before anyone jump into conclusion that we picked up kittens and separated them from their mother , no Bryan didn't . The mother was not found for days and Bryan picked them up inside his camp because nobody wanted them and they would be left to die . They are maybe 1 week old , maybe lesser . Their eyes are not open yet and they will require a lot of undivided attention for at least the next 2 months . 

I decided to label them , high society kittens because they spent their first night with me in MBS . I was in complete bewilderment and definitely still in a state of shock to have them in my palm , they were so tiny ! Having kittens again was my dream and having them called mine seemed too surreal for words . 

Bryan and I had been losing a lot of sleep , because caring for them was tedious enough . On Saturday immediately after we checked out , they were brought to a vet . And just like that , they've been with us everywhere we went over the weekend . Initially , we were clumsy and they refused to drink from the bottles we bought . It was frustrating trying to handle a cranky and scared kitty , making sure they had their hourly feed of milk . It sure wasn't easy , they were really quiet for the first night with us and when they started taking in their regular feeds , they had the energy to whine and whine all day . I'm not sure if its a good thing , until yesterday I realized how much comfort I get when I hear their meowing loud and clear .

So yesterday after work , I went over to B's house to feed them and realized one wasn't really responding well . Everything happened in a flash , well the most dramatic night I'd say ... Bryan and I rushed to a pet hospital because it was unable to crawl anymore . On the way to the hospital , I kept shaking the kitty only to hear her struggling soft meows . To cut the entire story short , the nurse took kitty away from me and kept me out of the consultation room . In about 10 minutes later , she came out all smiling and said that our kitten was low in blood sugar so they've given it oral glucose and it should be feeling better . We waited till midnight for a proper consultation before leaving at ease . It is now healthy and kicking again , crawling all over us and asking for milk every few hours . I'm really so thankful for this night of drama and realizing how important they are to me . As long as they are healthy . 

We have 3 , the black one's Oreo , the striped one is cookie and the sick white baby is cream .


Stay strong babies , I wanna watch all of you open your eyes when I'm back from my trip ! 

love,
sheryl


0 comments: