Tuesday 15 January 2013

23rd Monthsary | Marina Bay Sands Staycation

Just the second week into a brand new year , I was being surprised with a night's getaway at Marina Bay Sands . It wasn't too long ago from last month's festive partying and basking in the holiday vibes and I sure don't deserve a mini retreat so soon . But quite honestly , the things to be done on a daily basis and the unwanted stress added on by certain people was taking a toll on me . Imagine just a short 5 days at work in the week and I was choked up with so many last minute screwed up plans and ya , the stress overload . 

And also , it was our 23rd Monthsary so it was a perfect excuse to deserve a luxury stay . Bryan got us the Grand Club room just so we can get to eat at The Club . It made me really happy because to me , eating is the best time in our 24hours everyday . And I've been talking talking talking about The Club's evening canapes treat ever since I tried them for the first time ! 
Wish granted , perfect .

So anyway we got checked - in at the VIP lounge which was overcrowded so it didn't seem too exclusive at all . Went up to the room and I saw ...


A trail of rose petals ! 


Happy 23rd , B . Thank you for thinking of such sweet gestures although I already exposed part of your surprise plan . You left me in awe , and being speechless became the only way of expressing how much love I felt . 


Just when I was still trying to contain all the bliss and excitement , I walked into the toilet and the first thing I said was , " Wah , very waste space leh . " Of course , nothing short of classy and beautiful but I'm not sleeping in the toilet know ? Why do I need such a spacious toilet for ? But since I had to be contented with what I was blessed with and moreover its effort by the boyfriend ... I tried to spend as much time as possible in the toilet during the stay . 


Food at Level 57 , The Club . Initially Bryan had plans for our dinner but we were too stuffed with the little bites at High tea so we had to skip the dinner plans made . Only at 11pmish , we had a late dinner @ TCC with some friends over , so thankful that it opens till 12am .


The usual routine of popping the champagne before calling it a night . Hanging out in the room , sipping champagne with the friends , watching HBO and stepping out to the balcony for a good view of Gardens by the bay - really blissful I would say .


And guess who really spent more time in the toilet after the friends left ? In such a romantic hot tub with bath salt and rose petals , I immediately dozed off . Its not everyday that you get to doze off in a tub , right? 

love,
sheryl

0 comments: