Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bryan's 21st Birthday Surprise | Montigo Resort

Planned the boyfriend a surprise for his 21st - just the both of us . It was a 35minutes ferry ride away from Singapore to Batam Indonesia . Whenever people talk about Batam , I used to wonder why would people even talk about that Island with nothing much to do . Until earlier this year , I took an impromptu trip with the friends to Batam and realized it was not so bad after all . Dont get me wrong , I'm only talking about the resorts/beaches. Not so bad definitely does not include their "town" area shopping center . 

Bryan had been talking about Batam for the longest time . From the cheap massage + seafood + beach + water sports + best of all , don't have to apply leave = a very excited Boyfriend . That kinda inspired me that I should just celebrate with him in Batam , which of course have got a friendlier price tag for my sole benefit . 




We took the ferry at about 10am and reached Batam + Land transfer at 10am - Mind blown major due to time difference of an hour . The surprise destination was - Montigo Resorts . The view that welcomed us was above levels of awesome . The first thing that struck me was , "Is this even Batam ?!" By the way , I love how resorts provide a "welcome" drink for the guests checking in and I actually developed a phobia for drinks like that because usually they include the Indonesian herbs/spices or worst of all , Cinnamon . The boyfriend was like , "You'll love this . Swear ." The next moment , my glass was empty and I finished Bryan's glass as well . Some honey drink they provided that was really refreshing deserves a good mention .

My first impression of them was their top notch service . You'd see why later . The staff drove us in a buggy and led us into the room to explain the amenities and what not available in the room . Frankly , all I needed was complimentary Wifi which thankfully they had but guess what , they provided Wii as well !!! I had a whale of time playing Mario kart with Bryan immediately after dipping into the pool . The villa , three storeys high impressed us with the beautiful terrace on the highest level overlooking the sea + the huge infinity pool .














Cheap Massage therapy + A&W lunch + Shopping at the boring Nagoya Hill Shopping mall in the afternoon before a boring 45 minutes drive back to our resort . 






Ordered room service for our dinner ! I was expecting mediocre food because ultimately western cuisine is not their forte but I WAS SO WRONG. It was so fucking good , say 5 stars standard and they plated the food so nicely it immediately became candle light dinner . Best meal ever in the comfort of privacy , Tv & definitely a perfect ambiance dining beside our private pool . The sides , Truffle fries & Mash potato we ordered came in such big portions stole the show that night . Both looking unappealing turned out tasting so good , we had it for lunch again the next day.  

We had Moscato Dolce too ! I eagerly wanted to pop the first champagne in my life leaving the puzzled boyfriend wondering why he wasn't the one popping instead because we were celebrating his 21st . The champagne was so yums and cheap , it was such a steal .







Sneakily called for room service to bring me a slice of cake an hour after our dinner which ended up surprising me as well because there were 4 staffs initially hiding away after pressing our bell and appeared singing a Birthday song with heaps of enthusiasm . When I asked for the tab , they said it was complimentary . They totally went beyond my expectations for a hotel . 

That slice of mocha cake was so yummy as well !!! Because we were under utilizing the sky terrace , we shifted to 3rd floor to finish our cake + champagne under the stars . 





As I was saying , I had a pleasant first impression and even before my stay ended , I already deemed this staycation as the best till date . There was nothing to complain about and every little detail was flawless with no hiccups at all .
  • Check-in time for the resort was 3pm ( SG time - 4pm ) but we were immediately allowed an early check in at 10am upon requesting .
  • Rings your bell to ask if you need extra amenities / towels which I ended up asking for a service instead to catch that freaking huge lizard on my bedroom's door . 
Will be back for Day 2 of the stay ! ♥

love, sheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe!

May I know how much did you pay for the 2days of staycation at Montigo resorts? & Did you book through Montigo resorts main website or ? TIA !! :)

Sheryl Bella said...

Hello ! Honestly , I forgot how much I paid for the night stay in Montigo . It should be approx. $300 because the hotel was just launched when I booked it , so it was really cheap . I booked it via Agoda ! Hope I helped ! :)