Thursday 5 July 2012

WANDERLUST // กรุงเทพมหานคร DAY 3


Nothing like a good authentic Thai meal to feed the Thai craving tourists . Did my homework , found this place to be very popular and raved by many for its authenticity and excellence of taste . Thankfully , its easily located in the heart of Siam .

Ban Khun Mae, literally means "Mother's House" in Thai . 
For the 5 entrees and 2 cha yen we ordered , the damage was only S$40 . Friggin' satisfying meal minus the pinch of disappointment that we were too stuffed for desserts . Red ruby + Mango Sticky rice + Taro balls in coconut milk . I'll be back for you :(  


Right after the meal , Bryan and I went separate ways for our own self pampering session . I FINALLY dyed my hair roots and stupidly gave in to the temptation of being red head again . Whenever I go red and end up being light brown after a week I would swear that I would never go red again because it fades too quickly leaving me with uneven hair color . After umpteen times of swearing , I still did it . As I'm typing this , my hair is already back to the usual light brown with streaks of uneven red hair under the sunlight . Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Okay nuff of me and my stupidity . Bryan went for a solid 2 hours massage which did not interest me at all that is why we went separate ways . Both of us were happy campers after the 2 hours of retreat . Really love the new hair color + treatment package they offered . Service was fantastic too and I had a hard time chatting with the friendly stylist so we resorted to communicating via google translate . HAHAHA


& here's to the highlight of the trip ;

We celebrated our 16th Monthsary at Vertigo . Perched at 61 levels above Bangkok , overlooking the city skyline . Thankfully the thunderstorm and rain cleared up the skies in time for our dinner date . The 360 degree panoramic view that welcomed us was amazing . I was completely blown away by the beautiful night view. Always such a sucker for roof top dining , sceneries and skyline views . This is truely heaven on earth .


xo,
sheryl

0 comments: