Tuesday 26 June 2012

WANDERLUST // กรุงเทพมหานคร 2012


Prior to my first flight with Tiger Airways , I heard really horrible comments about this budget airline from the friends which came too late because I've already booked my flight with them . To keep it short , of all the things I heard about Tiger Airways , NONE is good , not even a neutral comment .
I actually knew about it even before booking for my flight but the only reason why I ended up with Tiger Airways as my choice is just cos of the perfect timing they offered for me to maximize the stay in Bangkok . Despite all the bad reviews , my first experience with Tiger Airways was great after all . We even reached earlier than the expected arrival time ! Actually we almost missed the plane .  Barely made it in time for the flight when the take off time was  6.20am and we woke up only at 5am . No thanks to sleeping only at 3am after the last minute packing which caused the oversleep .

To Chatuchak Weekend Market ! 


Was praying for a good weather at BKK because just afew days before my trip , the news broadcasted that it was flooding in BKK . We may all hate the sun alot , especially when weather at BKK is even worse than SG. But when it comes to shopping , you would not want to shop with the pouring rain and the bad drainages in BKK would cause mini floods on the streets . Stepping on dirty puddles is not fun at all .

Best part of my first day in BKK is to be welcomed by this new love I found . No fancy names , its just called Chicken noodles . First meal in BKK and definitely one of the best street food I've eaten . Braving the heat and enjoying this while covered in sweat is totally worth it . 50baht for a bowl full of goodness . I went back the next day for a second bowl , I can eat this everyday . Next have gotta be the infamous coconut ice cream . Enjoying it under the hot sun revived memories of my trip last year . Yumz 

Tired faces after such an early flight and a long day under the sun

Back to hotel for a shower before dinner ! 
We were given a room in turquoise shade for a night before we get upgraded to the room we preferred the next day . Dinner plans was fixed at MBK so we could go back to the restaurant that served my Fried Morning Glory . #BKKcravings

Strolled back from MBK and it was not at all a boring walk back to the hotel .We were lucky that Siam night market stretched so far that kept us accompanied all the way back to the hotel . Spacious walkways along the night market so we could take our time to walk under Bangkok's moonlight .

DAY2


Lunch at Fuji Restaurant for cheap Japanese food before the shopping war at Platinum mall start . Not much changes to this massive shopping paradise . Basically , there is nothing else inside Platinum mall besides retail therapy . 


Chatuchak in the evening for more street food and shopping ! It is almost impossible to finish shopping Chatuchak within a day so if you have alot of time in BKK , just go on both days . We missed out Chatuchak Night market on the first day because we were too worn out so we did not want to miss out on the second day . The first thing I do whenever I reach Chatuchak is not to shop but to hunt for the animals section . Look at the puppies , so fluffy and tiny ! S$200 for a human's bestfriend is too cheap !!! I don't know man , I just love Chatuchak . No matter how the sun is going to burn me , I still love that place with no complaints . I guess its just the variety that attracts me . They sell almost anything that you can think of . I had the banana prata for the first time there as well and it was surreal . You can definitely take the words of someone who hates banana to death , me . This is the best snack/dessert ever . I was still pretty skeptical while watching the guy mixed the egg and banana together . For the rest of my days in BKK , this was my supper everynight .


Back at night with a brand new room for the rest of the nights in BKK . The room is alot bigger than the previous night's so we get ample space to put our shopping hauls and eat supper !!! Bryan secretly bought us champagne and cuppycakes to celebrate our monthsary when the clock striked 12am . Sinful but blissful to take down one cuppycake right before bedtime . 

Be back soon for days 3-5 !
love,
Sheryl  

0 comments: