Thursday 21 June 2012

Shenzhen 深圳 (一日游)


In continuation of the Hong Kong trip in April , this is one of the entry that I owe to my online diary for the longest time . Prior to this Shenzhen trip , I've never been to any part of China therefore I was very much looking forward to visiting Shenzhen for the first time ! Don't ask me why but I anticipate alot on taking public transports of the foriegn countries . I was amused by the plastic coins issued as entry into China's metro . I was finding a slot to throw in the coin upon entry but it was used to tap instead . Amazed level x10

Upon reaching , I saw men dressed up in suits selling baby ducklings. A whole basket of them made me go awwww. I overheard a local asking for the price and it is sold at only S$2 for 3 baby duckies . Why are pets in the overseas sold at such ridiculously cheap prices ? There are so many of them selling the duckies and I stop each time I see them .

It was lunch first before all the exploring begin .
Steamboat lovers , If you visit China , just try 小肥羊. No regrets , I promise . When I was raving about Singapore's Xian De Lai and I said that it is still not the best that I've tried ? This is the best that I'm talking about . What's more authentic than China's soup broth ? Their famous beef/lamb slices are so nicely sliced . Not to mention , their staffs are so polite and welcoming . They even offered to change the fish slices that we ordered wrongly to something else we preferred . 

Did alot of walking around and shopping after lunch before stopping over at Modern Toilet for a break for the aching legs . I was so happy to see Modern Toilet in Shenzhen because I thought the only outlet is in Taipei ? Really cute interior designs for the restaurant , I had so much fun looking at the details and effort done while enjoying the huge bathtub of ice cream dessert . While resting , I was fidgeting with my camera and this is the main highlight of my Hongkong trip . My trusty camera actually crashed . Threw bitch fits and temperamental moments lasted for quite awhile before I accepted the fact that I would have to go without a camera for the rest of the Hongkong days.  Was really frustrated that it died on me when I'm on a holiday but well , all was fixed immediately after I got back . So yeah , this entry pretty much summed up my short one day in China before going back to HK .

love,
Sheryl

0 comments: