Monday 28 May 2012

Selamat Datang // JB 2D1N

I have so many backdated posts left lying in my drafts and I cannot wait to clear them off . Work has completely taken up all my time and my life starts only on Friday night and last for two short days before my routine repeats itself .

2 weeks ago , it was yet another impromptu trip to JB but this time round its a mini getaway instead of a day trip . After constant brainwashing by the friends that their stay over previously was awesome and that we should to , we decided to follow suit and stay for a night !!!

I made David pick us a decent hotel and I gotta love him for picking us a posh 5-star hotel for the night . And besides the convenience of the shopping mall linked to the hotel , the interior of the room is almost brand new because the hotel is only 2 months old ! 

We had lunch just right across the street from our hotel . The bak kut teh was soooo good . All of us agreed that it was one effin' good meal . Why did we not discover this earlier . For the countless times we travelled across the borders and procrastinating on dining there , we actually did not realize what we missed out for so long . But then again , its always better late then never . After lunch , we spent the entire afternoon at their Kbox . Why are the Kbox in Singapore not like Malaysia's ? The rooms there are so spacious and their song lists are very updated . Most importantly , it is very clean . We only paid less than $15/pax for 3-4 hours ? I cant quite remember but yea , really affordable entertainment . I remember the days when I used to frequent Kbox with my girlfriends so much , sometimes as often as twice a week . The rooms that we were given for 2 pax was so cramp with the wallpapers peeling off was a major turn off . The price that we paid for especially during the weekend is not justified at all for the comfort level we get . Of course there are better maintained Kbox places in Singapore , but I'm sure it comes with a hefty price tag . The cheaper ones are always fully booked so you do not get impromptu and cheap singing sessions at all .


This is how our room looks like . We booked the deluxe room but they upgraded us to a triple room .

Ample space and an extra day bed for us ! 

To top off all the positive things about this place , there is free WIFI as well !
I am usually disconnected from the world if I go JB .
Our package comes with free finger food , whats there to complain about ?!


RISE AND SHINE , GOOD MORNING +62 !

Had a sumptuous breakfast despite having to climb out of bed early in the morning . Their breakfast is from 6.30am to 10.30am so we could not sleep in a little later than usual . But it was totally worth it having to fight zZZ monster for a hearty spread of breakfast . The boys did grocery shopping to stock up for the dreadful days in camp before heading back to Singapore .

Did I mention our room was on level 17 ?
Given the advantage of being perched on such a high level , we got the luxury to enjoy the day/night view .
I exceptionally love the morning view , Such a feast for the eyes !


Here's to the end of my long post . And the start of a new one to quickly finish up the debts in my drafts .
With love , Sheryl 

0 comments: